Data Scientist - REMOTE
Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Full Time and Contract
We are a growing company with a solid customer base, excellent compensation and benefits, and a collaborative yet flexible work environment. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to deliver innovative business solutions, and you're interested in working for an entrepreneurial company, we may have a home for you.
PTP is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Customer Experience practice. At PTP, we value aptitude and creativity as well as experience. We are a diverse organization and are looking for bright, passionate and committed professionals who strive to be the best at what they do.
- Use machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract key insights from rich stores of customer data
- Implement highly innovative models for predictive learning for applications like recommendations and targeting
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Research and implement novel machine learning algorithms for new business problems
- PhD. in Computer Science with a focus on machine learning
- Track record of having developed novel machine learning algorithms, SIGKDD/ICML/NIPS
- Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis over large volumes of data
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ or Java
- Experience with R/SAS/SPSS
- Experience with SQL and MPP databases
- Experience with large scale distributed programming paradigms – experience with the Hadoop stack(HDFS/MR/Pig/Hive)
- Familiarity with AWS and other cloud-based technologies that can be used with large mapReduce efforts
- Experience in free-text analytics / natural language processing (NLP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and skills
Compensation is DOE and is extremely competitive.