Cultivation | Montpelier, VT | Full Time
Vermont Patients Alliance
The Vermont Patients Alliance, owned and operated by PhytoScience Management Group (PSMG), is an inviting community of hometown cannabis dispensaries where our passionate team connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. In addition to selling trusted products, we cultivate our own cannabis and cannabis products for our patients in order to provide the highest quality of care, both in service and product. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
With the recent acquisition of our company by industry leaders Curaleaf, we are excited about the expanded ability of our team to provide the best dispensary experience to our customers in our community of Montpelier, VT. We are looking for an individual who will be working with a variety of cultivation/manufacturing/production tasks. You must be able to multi-task, work independently and efficiently, and be adaptable to change priorities and tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce cannabis infused products while adhering to work instructions and guidelines set forth by law to ensure all product is manufactured in accordance with quality and integrity
- Undertake basic laboratory duties, including but not limited to the following: weighing ingredients, processing ingredients, record keeping, use of pH meter, taking samples, etc.
- Follow production work instructions without deviation
- Maintain a clean work area, assist with washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Use Excel spreadsheets, email, and BioTrack inventory system to track and record inventory
- Maintain relevant training as needed to execute tasks
- Maintain and organize inventory
- Cross-train in other areas of production
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a changing environment
- Must possess Computer, Mathematics, Language and Reasoning skills
- Experience in a Laboratory or Manufacturing environment desirable
- Basic understanding of Inventory handling and management preferred
- Must have knowledge of basic weight and measurement skills, ability to operate a scale
- Good documentation, inventory, and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of “Good Manufacturing Practices” a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain a DPS issued VT Marijuana Registry card, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours a day and have the physical ability and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties assigned
The Production Technician must receive training in, and adherence to, quality control requirements, by completing the VPA Quality Control training.
Offers made for this position are conditional on the application and acceptance of a Vermont Medical Cannabis badge through the state governing body. Applicants must pass a comprehensive background check, provide accompanying materials for application, and must be granted a valid badge by the State of Vermont in order to qualify for the position.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At PSMG, we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis products are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities.
PSMG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.