Dispensary | Bennington, VT | Part Time
The Dispensary Agent will meet with medical marijuana patients one-on-one and guide them by suggesting products specific to their symptoms. The Dispensary Agent will be responsible for providing a high-level of personalized customer service and patient care while also being responsible for point-of-sale transactions, cash handling, scheduling patient appointments, and managing inventory. The Dispensary Agent will meet all patients with professionalism, poise and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role.
- Train for and adapt to several roles in the dispensary to meet day-to-day requirements: waiting room service, 1-on-1 consultation service, checkout service and inventory management are areas of proficiency.
- Demonstrate high level product knowledge while remaining translatable to seasoned cannabis veterans and brand-new customers alike.
- Adhere to and promote a culture of compliance as it pertains to state and company regulations.
- Assist and support team members with positivity and proactivity in all day-to-day matters.
- Managing time and respecting protocol under fast-paced retail conditions are a must.
- Perform a daily inventory reconciliation of active products (excluding storage)
- Perform a daily cash closing report
- Respect rules, guidelines and company standards at all times.
- Familiarity with VT Medical Cannabis Program rules and regulations.
- Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check. Violent felonies and drug offenses are considered disqualifying by the State of Vermont.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members and managers.
- Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems.
- A fundamental understanding of cannabinoids and their effects on the body.
- At least one year of customer service and/or retail experience.
- A passion for cannabis that is translatable to a diverse group of ages, ethnicities and professionals.
- Required Training
- The Dispensary Agent must receive HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) training to assure patient confidentiality
- The Dispensary Agent must receive training in, and adherence to, quality control requirements by completing our Quality Control Training.
- Learn, understand and comply with the VT Marijuana Registry Rules Regulating Cannabis for Symptom Relief
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.