Cultivation | Montpelier, VT | Full Time
Vermont Patients Alliance
The Vermont Patients Alliance, owned and operated by PhytoScience Management Group (PSMG), is an inviting community of hometown cannabis dispensaries where our passionate team connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. In addition to selling trusted products, we cultivate our own cannabis and cannabis products for our patients in order to provide the highest quality of care, both in service and product. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
With the recent acquisition of our company by industry leaders Curaleaf, we are excited about the expanded ability of our team to provide the best dispensary experience to our customers in our community of Montpelier, VT. We are looking for an individual who will be working with a variety of cultivation/manufacturing/production tasks. You must be able to multi-task, work independently and efficiently, and be adaptable to change priorities and tasks as needed.
- A two-year degree from an accredited institution in horticulture, botany, natural sciences or a related field; or two years experience working with plants in a horticultural setting; experience with cannabis is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant growth and development; preferably with cannabis
- Understanding and implementation of soil food web principles
- Experience working with professional staff
- Prior experience with medical or recreational cannabis cultivation is preferred
- Experience with office computer applications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the scheduled maintenance of medical cannabis plants, as directed by the Cultivation Manager.
- Preform all tasks on daily plant maintenance schedule including but not limited to
- Water and fertilize plants
- Prune plants
- Pest management
- Perform daily tests and database results, including but not limited to
- Water and nutrient levels
- pH of solutions
- Best management controls
- Daily database plant numbers, condition, and treatments applied
- Vegetative condition of plants identified by their tag number in each room
- Reproductive condition of plants identified by their tag number in flowing room
- Monitor and maintain cultivation equipment
- Fix the problem if possible. If not fixable report to Cultivation Manager
- Maintain cultivation work space as directed by Cultivation Manager
- Perform all job duties as defined by Cultivation Manager and specified by DPS rules and regulations.
The Cultivation Assistant must receive HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) training to assure patient confidentiality.
The Cultivation Assistant must receive training in, and adherence to, quality control requirements, by completing the VPA Quality Control training.
Offers made for this position are conditional on the application and acceptance of a Vermont Medical Cannabis badge through the state governing body. Applicants must pass a comprehensive background check, provide accompanying materials for application, and must be granted a valid badge by the State of Vermont in order to qualify for the position.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At PSMG, we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis products are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to provide patients with great respect and products.
PSMG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.