Fair Oaks | Fair Oaks, CA | Full Time
Prosthodontic Dental Group office in Fair Oaks is seeking a warm, outgoing and compassionate Treatment Coordinator with the primary responsibility is to facilitate the patient’s office experience in being seamless and ensure the patient leaves well informed and prepared for their next appointment. This includes ensuring the patient understands their treatment plan, the benefits of treatment, insurance benefits, assisting with financial arrangements and coordination of appointments. This position will be primarily located at the Fair Oaks office, but will need to travel to other local PDG office as needed.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present treatment plan and financial estimates to patients for all prescribed treatment.
- Schedule patient treatment appointments; reschedule patients that miss their appointment and call patients that have not completed treatment.
- Manage the Doctor schedule to achieve utilization goals through efficient use of appointment time.
- Work with clinical team to effectively manage daily patient flow, providing communication and information to the appropriate individuals.
- Assist patient with financial arrangements.
- Calculate patient co-payments and amount due for treatment and scan all related financial documents and disclosures into the patient EMR.
- Compare charges to Treatment Plan to ensure charges are correct.
- Post Patient checks/cash/credit card payments.
- Make sure patient x-rays are in chart from General Dentist
- Send letter to General Dentist with information why the patient they referred didn’t go thru treatment.
- Print out a “Daysheet” to confirm all the payments have been entered correctly and everything was posted out correctly.
- Know how to call an RX for a patient
- Help set up Lunches with referring Doctor
- Complete pre-authorization.
- Handle all treatment paperwork including disclosures will include options reviewed, signed treatment plans and case acceptance documents.
- Create a positive safe environment for the patients when discussing treatment plans/costs.
- Make note of all referring doctors, their team members and preferences to foster a positive relationship that encourages more referrals.
- Handle incoming calls from patients regarding their accounts/insurance/upcoming appointments.
- Be able to create an insurance claim and know the process of submitting claims with each dental benefit plan.
- Be able to communicate with all outside and third-party financing companies offered to patients and educate patients on available outside financing options.
- Coordinate and communicate daily with scheduling coordinator to determine patients on the schedule with outstanding balances or who are in need of financial consultation.
- Conduct treatment consultations with all new patients and with existing patients when new treatment plans are presented.
- Monitor and track all unaccepted treatment plans and follow up with patients in a timely manner.
- Run and interpret office reports as required by managing doctors and office manager.
- Effectively communicate and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctor and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors.
- Check patients out. Answer and return incoming calls, emails and texts from patients.
- Adhere to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records.
- Be familiar with the Financial SOP Manuel for PDG
- Post patient checks and/or cash
- Maintain accounts receivables, follow up on accounts that are 30 days past due.
- Assist with monthly statements that are mailed out to patients.
- Send out collection letters to patients that are 90 days past due.
- Assist in the follow up with Pre-Authorizations for patients.
- Run Adjustment Summary Report at the end of the month for all providers
- Run Aging/Credit Balance Report at end of the month
- Run Insurance Claim Aging Report, weekly.
- Run Suspended Credits Report at the end of the month
- Run Procedures Not Attached to Insurance Report, monthly
- Be familiar with the Eassist SOP procedure list
- Follow and demonstrate a commitment to the Group’s policies, professional expectations and Service Excellence Standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two ( 2) years of billing/accounts payable experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with dental/surgical billing
Core Competencies Required:
- Focus on customer service.
- Current CPR certification.
- Proficient in Dentrix software system
- Basic accounting understanding with regard to interpreting the practice’s aging reports.
- Ability to present and close Treatment Plans/ Financial Arrangements
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have knowledge of our Financial Policy
- Knowledge of dental insurance and terminology
- Excellent Follow-Up/ Attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to work independently while demonstrating good time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to uphold financial policies while approaching patients in a friendly and supportive manner.
- Attention to detail. Clinical experience in a dental practice with knowledge of dental insurance and dental procedures is preferred; training or education in these areas will be considered.
- Motivating team player and leader.
- Proficient in basic computer applications with the ability to learn new software. Demonstrate ability to perform basic arithmetic to understand general ledger and insurance benefits.
- Lifts and carries up to 20 lbs. rarely
- Pushes and pulls up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- Reaches, bends and twists frequently
- Climbs rarely
- Stands and walks throughout the day
- Sits throughout the day
- Requires close vision, far vision and color vision
- Ability to perform job requirements, maintain a safe work environment, communicate effectively via telephone, electronically (emailing or text) and in person
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Director of Operations.
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from radiographs and blood borne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet and sitting on a chair
- Fast paced office - ability to remain warm and friendly during a high volume call environment that also requires attention to detail for busy scheduling system
- Moderate noise level - ability to work in an open office environment where others may be on the phone
- Surgeries and x-rays are performed at our locations. Employees may be occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and/or radiation.
For immediate consideration please email your cover letter and current resume. Please visit our website at www.beautifulteeth.com.
Prosthodontic Dental Group is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity employment to all. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.