Front Desk Coordinator
Fair Oaks | Fair Oaks, CA | Full Time
Front Desk Coordinator
Prosthodontic Dental Group office in Fair Oaks is seeking a warm, outgoing and compassionate Front Desk Coordinator who is the first in-person point of contact that our prospective patients, patients of record, referring doctors and guests encounter when visiting our office. The Front Office Coordinator is responsible for patient registration and providing administrative support in order to ensure that professional services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. This position will ensure the patient or guest has an exceptional experience in terms of customer service. This position will be primarily located at the Fair Oaks office, but will need to travel to other local PDG office as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Check-In and Out patients following our customer service standards.
- Interact with patients with a warm hospitable approach and demeanor at all times. Focus should be on the patient’s comfort by anticipating their anxieties, responding to questions and/or concerns and placing them at ease.
- Register patients without errors and keep appointments on time. Notify the doctor of patient’s arrival and communicate any scheduling delays. Inform appropriate assistants that the patient check-in process has been completed.
- Protect patient’s rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal information by following HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Call all ‘no show’ consults and surgeries for the day. Call referring doctor to let them know patient no showed to appointment. Document in EMR, contact notes for follow up, and cancellation log book.
- Assist with telephone overflow in order to meet our standard of answering phones within two rings.
- Fill in ASAP list for no shows and failed appointments.
- Ensure that we have fresh coffee and water in the reception area and that the lobby area and restroom(s) are kept neat and clean throughout the day. Create a warm inviting environment by opening the blinds/curtains and rotating a fresh display of magazines.
- Distribute and/or review the schedule each day with appropriate team members.
- Inform clinical staff and the doctor(s) of changes to the schedule each day and throughout the workday as per the standard operating procedures of the practice.
- Manage the practice’s new patient communication software system (Solution Reach) to ensure patient needs are being met with confirming, rescheduling and/or new appointment requests.
- Coordinate and communicate scheduling of current patient appointments with the treatment coordinator or hygienist.
- Follow up with cancelled or failed hygiene appointments.
- Inform treatment coordinators and/or doctor(s) of cancelled, failed or rescheduled patient appointments.
- Manage and oversee the practice’s recall system to ensure patients are scheduled for hygiene appointments.
- Make patients next appointment and give them a written card.
- Check phone messages thru our answering service, as well as thru the office voicemail system.
- Maintain Answering Service by turning it on at lunch or meeting periods and also at the close of the day.
- Maintain the appearance and functionality of the reception area including but not limited to patient education, office promotion and refreshment station.
- Manage cash deposits and billing items, prepare for billing department to pick up/receive.
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail/parcels.
- Scan referral, receipts, insurance cards, driver’s license, signed Authorization to Release Information and Medication list into patient’s chart/EMR.
- Document the Authorization to Release Information in the EMR.
- Schedule follow up, post op and post op assistant.
- Chart Check (x-rays, fluoride, exams) the hygiene appointments the day prior
- Put Route Slip up (x-rays if needed etc.) to notify assistants that the patient is ready to be taken back for appointment.
- Complete two-day chart checks to ensure we have referrals, reports and x-rays.
- Print contact notes and distribute to staff daily.
- Follow up on personal contact notes.
- Collect and enter patient payments.
- Close out financials, complete deposit(s) utilizing deposit procedures.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Office errands as needed (ex. trips to the bank and/or picking up lunches for the doctors).
- If applicable, translate as needed.
- Represent the office in a warm and inviting manner, which creates a positive marketing environment.
- Complete all required training by the set deadline.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the office manager and doctor(s).
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or equivalent in relevant education, training and experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of healthcare experience (experience in a dental office setting preferred).
Core Competencies Required:
- Focus on customer service.
- Current CPR certification.
- Proficient in Dentrix software system
- Basic accounting understanding with regard to interpreting the practice’s aging reports.
- Ability to present and close Treatment Plans/ Financial Arrangements
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have knowledge of our Financial Policy
- Knowledge of dental insurance and terminology
- Excellent Follow-Up/ Attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to work independently while demonstrating good time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to uphold financial policies while approaching patients in a friendly and supportive manner.
- Attention to detail. Clinical experience in a dental practice with knowledge of dental insurance and dental procedures is preferred; training or education in these areas will be considered.
- Motivating team player and leader.
- Proficient in basic computer applications with the ability to learn new software. Demonstrate ability to perform basic arithmetic to understand general ledger and insurance benefits.
- Lifts and carries up to 20 lbs. rarely
- Pushes and pulls up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- Reaches, bends and twists frequently
- Climbs rarely
- Stands and walks throughout the day
- Sits throughout the day
- Requires close vision, far vision and color vision
- Ability to perform job requirements, maintain a safe work environment, communicate effectively via telephone, electronically (emailing or text) and in person
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Director of Operations.
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from radiographs and blood borne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet and sitting on a chair
- Fast paced office - ability to remain warm and friendly during a high volume call environment that also requires attention to detail for busy scheduling system
- Moderate noise level - ability to work in an open office environment where others may be on the phone
- Surgeries and x-rays are performed at our locations. Employees may be occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and/or radiation.
For immediate consideration please email your cover letter and current resume. Please visit our website at www.beautifulteeth.com.
Prosthodontic Dental Group is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity employment to all. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.