Web Development Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Prolific Giving is building a social platform to transform philanthropy for people, companies, and nonprofits. So, we're looking for extraordinary individuals to join our team of technology and philanthropy enthusiasts.
Just to let you know, we're located at the heart of downtown San Francisco, ramping up operations very quickly to meet our strategic growth plans. We're planning on adding another 20 talented individuals to help us make the world a better place. In the coming months, these individuals will fill key roles in technical, creative, and operational areas.
But first things first; we want to add more technical individuals to our already growing team. If you share our passion and motivation to change the world, we'd like to welcome you to apply.
We are looking for experienced web development engineers who want to focus on the interesting infrastructure challenges of social web. You should get excited by challenges involving vast amount of data. You should be able to design and implement systems that scale seamlessly with a large number of different user groups and their efforts to share their causes and events in philanthropy efforts.
- Build systems that scale to millions of users
- Are able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Love to tweak code and configuration files to get optimal performance
- Work with others to solve problems
- Are willing to wear multiple hats, if necessary, in a small team environment
- Work on a variety of upcoming web development projects with Front-end web development engineers
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle from requirements to design to building to testing
- Write code and solve problems across web platform and infrastructure
- Perform complete testing of Web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications
- Generate new ideas, creativity and interactivity to web application development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in web development
- Experience with rapid web development in PHP, Python, or Ruby (Extensive experience with PHP and/or MVC framework preferred)
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the product
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL database solutions
- Experience with server-side technologies
- Comprehensive Health, Dental,Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Public commuter benefit subsidy
- Two weeks paid vacation your first year of employment
- Flexible PTO -- you are an adult, so work out a plan with your manager
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, organic fruit, and daily catered lunches
How to Apply:
We'd love to hear from you. Please include a CV/resume with references with your application.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English.Write whatever you like, but we'd prefer if you would explain why you are excited to join a startup and/or tell us about something you've done that you are particularly proud of.