Front-End Developer/UI Designer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Prolific Giving is building a social platform to transform philanthropy for people, companies, and nonprofits. So, we're looking for extraordinary individuals to join our team of technology and philanthropy enthusiasts.
Just to let you know, we're located at the heart of downtown San Francisco, ramping up operations very quickly to meet our strategic growth plans. We're planning on adding another 20 talented individuals to help us make the world a better place. In the coming months, these individuals will fill key roles in technical, creative, and operational areas.
But first things first; we want to add more technical individuals to our already growing team. If you share our passion and motivation to change the world, we'd like to welcome you to apply.
We are looking for experienced front-end engineers or designers who have a full understanding of the nature of social networking services and its challenges. You should have a full understanding of user experience of different user groups. In addition, you should be able to conceptualize and design original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex design issues.
- Build systems that scale to millions of users
- Are able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Love to tweak code and configuration files to get optimal performance
- Work with others to solve problems
- Are willing to wear multiple hats, if necessary, in a small team environment
- Develop and deliver compelling, elegant and easily-navigable website design layouts and user experiences
- Develop/produce a variety of visual design components
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions
- To streamline the process of building user interfaces
- To capture and express our brand values to businesses
- Participate in all phases of the web application development lifecycle from requirements
- Perform complete testing of web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary
- Generating new ideas, contributing creativity and interactivity to web application development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years professional experience in web development
- Two years minimum experience as an interactive designer, implementing standards-compliant web application user interfaces
- Proficiency in PhotoShop and Illustrator
- Experience with rapid web development in PHP, Python, or Ruby (Extensive experience with PHP and/or MVC framework preferred)
- Must have an eye for design and be detail-oriented; able to take mock-ups and turn them into pixel-perfect working pages
- Understanding of user interface design, including interaction and visual design principles
- Familiarity with the Social Networking platform
- Strong working knowledge of W3C Web Standards
- Understanding and improving client-side performance
- Comprehensive Health, Dental,Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Public commuter benefit subsidy
- Two weeks paid vacation your first year of employment
- Flexible PTO -- you are an adult, so work out a plan with your manager
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, organic fruit, and daily catered lunches
How to Apply:
We'd love to hear from you. Please include a CV/resume with references with your application.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English. Please include your portfolio with cover letter if you are applying for the front-end developer/UI designer position.
Write whatever you like, but we'd prefer if you would explain why you are excited to join a startup and/or tell us about something you've done that you are particularly proud of.