Warehouse | Orchard Park, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: Responsible for meeting all established safety, quality and productivity throughout the warehouse operations. Operates with the lowest possible overhead cost and provides overall support and direction to supporting staff. Communicates with customers, sales department and Management as needed to achieve a goal of 100% completion of all daily shipments.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performances; rewards and disciplines employees.
- Performs effective training and utilization on operational personnel through continuous education, increased exposure and increased expectations.
- Ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Manages adherence to production and quality control standards, budget constraints and cost controls.
- Monitors levels of production, shipments and labor performance, takes action to correct unfavorable deviations in order to improve favorable trends.
- Evaluates overall workflow, equipment and processes to ensure resources and manpower are allocated accordingly throughout the warehouse operation and maintain accountability and performance expectations of assigned personnel.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs activities during problems, disasters, etc.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Monitors shipping methods to assure material is well packaged for transport.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Experience: Plastics industry and/or distribution background preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time