Operations | Portland, OR | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: Seeking an experienced Warehouse Lead with the ability to lead while working side by side the team. Responsible for working within all established safety, environmental, quality, operational and financial goals. Communicate with customers, sales, management and vendors as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned.
- Leadership - provide direction, training and monitor performance of warehouse associates
- Receiving - unload incoming shipments, compare documents for accuracy and notify appropriate personnel of any discrepancies or damage. Identify and store material accordingly.
- Order Fulfillment – use appropriate paperwork to locate, retrieve and stage material for shipment.
- Shipping – package material, follow shipping method requested and submit paperwork upon completion.
- Will-Call - ability to assist all Will-Call and walk-in customers.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment; notify management of any issues or concerns.
- Operate saw to cut materials to specified dimensions
Material Knowledge: Demonstrate the ability to learn and recognize differences between products.
Productivity/Efficiency: Ability to complete daily order processing as assigned.
Experience: Warehouse experience required, experience in the plastics industry preferred.
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran