Quality Control Supervisor
Quality Assurance | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: We are seeking a hands-on Quality Control inspector Supervisor to coordinate dimensional inspection of small machined plastic components for QC department. This will involve working with the planner to determine inspection priorities/flow. The ideal candidate must have extensive GDT knowledge base with ability to; interrupt blueprints, coordinate FAI activities to ensure proper procedures are followed. The ability to use all inspection tools including CMM (Ziess) and Optical comparator is required. AS9100D Quality Management Systems experience is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Determine key characteristics (measurements) of parts to construct forms for FAI, In Process & Final Inspections
- Perform dimensional inspection on parts. Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) skills
- Data acquisition of production parts of in-process yields for continual improvement program
- Auditing of processes on a regular basis for QMS compliance (AS100D certification)
- Assist in registration & customer on site audits (AS9100D)
- Liaison to outside fabrication vendors- supplier approval process
- Train staff on inspection and QMS techniques to streamline processes
- Manage tool calibration program
- Manage the corrective action program
- Contract review/risk assessment to determine customer requirements will be met
- Prioritization of throughput of inspection jobs for efficiency
Experience: Experience in both quality assurance and quality control activities. Ability to read and interpret prints drawings and customer contractual requirements. Manufacturing and Inspection background experience preferred.
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time