Quality Control Inspector Lead
Quality Assurance | Orchard Park, NY | Full Time
Who we are… Professional Plastics - Premier Supplier of Plastic Sheets, Rods, Tubing & Films. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics . We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 18 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: The quality control lead supervises and directs activities concerned with the quality control department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Assigns daily work activities to inspection staff.
- Mechanical inspection of in process, First Article and finished parts
- Assists the Quality Engineer in developing, maintaining and implementing new procedures.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager in the maintenance and distribution of all measuring equipment as well as calibration requirements.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records of inspection staff.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Interfaces with other Departments and the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager to develop and implement training programs as required.
Experience: Experience in Quality Control department supervision preferred. Ability to read and interpret print drawings and customer expectations. Strong mechanical inspection background.
Full benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, FSA, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Plan.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type: Full-time