Quality Control Inspector
Quality Assurance | Chino, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for conducting both Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities. Assist in the development, improvement and implementation of current and new processes and procedures. The position requires extensive knowledge of quality management systems (AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015) and extensive experience of mechanical inspection principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Determine key characteristics (measurements) of parts to construct forms for First Article, In Process & Final Inspections
- Perform dimensional inspection on parts on Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and with various inspection tools: calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) skills
- Auditing of processes on a regular basis for QMS compliance (AS9100D certification)
- Assist in registration & customer on site audits
- Liaison to outside fabrication vendors- supplier approval process
- Training of staff on inspection and QMS techniques to streamline the processes
- Managing tool calibration program
- Managing the corrective action program
- Contract review/risk assessment to determine customer requirements will be met
- Prioritization of throughput of inspection jobs for efficiency
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience
Full benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, FSA, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Plan.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time