Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs, using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team with minimal or no supervision
- Collect initial drawings and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Coordinate directly with project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
- Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and recommend design options based on machinability and available tooling
- Design complex fixtures to be used in in the manufacture of parts on mills, routers, EDM
- Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
- Manage the process of obtaining design approval for specific customers and track progress for each design
- Develop and manage internal drafting standards to include 3D model layout, 2D drawing layout, and settings standardization for drafting software
- Contribute in ongoing projects to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care account, 401K plan and Employee Assistance Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time