Machine Shop Manager
Operations | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 19 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be
- Manage production leads across all shifts to drive productivity, accuracy in reporting, and efficient operation of machines.
- Lead daily production meeting to communicate safety, Quality, and scheduling of jobs.
- Working with engineering, ensure that material, tooling and programs are available for a scheduled job.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel and establishing priorities.
- Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain work flow by setting processing variables (cycle times) observing efficiency and equipment performance.
- Compile production performance records and data to address questions/issues.
- Develop reporting procedures for production issues (maintenance, programs, etc…)
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Assist the workforce regarding safety, scheduling, and personnel issues at all times.
- Maintain workforce by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Work with staff to develop personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain compliance within establishes policies and procedures.
- Support company mission, vision, strategic plan and goals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager.
Experience: Minimum 5 years Production Management Experience in a Machine Shop setting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Full Benefits Package:Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: machining, machinist, cnc, lathe, mill, horizontal, milling, tooling, tool, computer, numerical, controlled, management, planning, poduction, lead, time, schedule, scheduling, specs, drawing, plan