IT System Administrator
IT | Hybrid in Fullerton, CA | Full Time
Summary: The Systems Administrator will work as part of the team that handles all aspects of Professional Plastics Computer, Network and Phone Systems. Their primary role is the maintenance of the company network and servers. Secondary roles include training, help desk support and special projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation/configuration procedures and system standards.
- Research and engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Including regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Provide training and support to Help Desk staff. Assisting in tier 3 problem resolution as needed or directed.
- Create and maintain process and software documentation. Train employees as needed.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, system patches, and resource optimization as required.
- Under direction of Director of IT, coordinate/manage company vendors and consultants.
- Balance support/project load based on company and team priorities.
- Responsibilities require on call rotation and sometimes working evenings and weekends, occasionally with little advanced notice.
Productivity/Efficiency: Be able to complete daily processes as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork: Works as part of the larger branch team; ability to keep their tasks in perspective to the overall tasks of the entire branch.
Quality Management: Ability to continually produce work that reflects the company quality standards.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability: Is consistently at work and on time; follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative: Volunteers readily; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job function.
Education/Experience: Bachelors (4-year) degree, with a technical major such as engineering or computer science or knowledge/experience. Five years of experience in a Systems Administration Role. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix, Microsoft or Cisco.
Technical Skills: Position deals with a variety of problems, priorities and skill levels. Requires complex problem solving and time/priority management skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts at all levels of skill. Ability to respond to inquiries i.e.; email, voicemail and verbal requests within a reasonable time.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as sale and purchase orders, faxes and emails. Ability to speak effectively to customers and employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Able to use and read basic measuring devices (measuring tape, calipers, etc.)
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of intermediate to advanced computer skills. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft environments and programs; basic knowledge of Telecom and Data networking/systems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.