Manufacturing | Orchard Park, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: The Fabricator will operate manufacturing equipment and machine pieces to meet product specifications to ensure fabrication accuracy. This position will be responsible for operating within all established safety, environmental, quality, operational and financial goals.
The Fabricator will operate with the lowest possible manufacturing costs with a focus on improving overall operational efficiency. This position requires strong communication with the team as well as customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned:
• Set up the fixture and process the design of new and existing parts
• Cutting – Panel saw, table saw, band saw, trimming
• Routing – Table and hand routers
• Finishing – Sanding, shaping, buffing, polishing, flame polishing, joining
• Forming – Drape forming, vacuum forming and line bending
• Assembly – will include gluing and packaging
• Promotes cost reduction opportunities and delegates responsibility for action
• Ensures plant and equipment is maintained to achieve production requirements and provide a safe and clean work environment
Licensing/Certificates: CNC Certification a plus. Must be forklift certified.
Education/Experience: Five years manufacturing/fabrication experience is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent.