Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 19 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Plans numerical control program to control contour path machining of plastic parts on automatic machine tools
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and designs data of parts to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feeds rates
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part
- Prepares geometric layout on graph paper or uses computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine
- Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to direct numerical control database and regulates movement of machine along cutting path
- Compares computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions
- Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove programmed instructions
Experience: 5-10 years
Programs: Mastercam and Solidworks required
Equal Opportunity Employer:Disability/Veteran
Full benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term and Short term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, FSA, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Plan.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Job Type: Full Time