CNC Saw Operator
Operations | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Who we are… Professional Plastics - Premier Supplier of Plastic Sheets, Rods, Tubing & Films. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics . We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 18 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: Sets up and operates CNC panel saw in order to cut material to its required finished product.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speed; depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations
- Selects, positions, and secures saw blades, etc.
- Positions and secures work piece I holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture of feeding device, starts machine, and turns on hand wheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and work piece.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools such as welding machines and flame-cutting equipment.
Experience: Preferred but not required
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, FSA, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Plan.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type: Full-time