CNC Router Operator
Manufacturing | Orchard Park, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: We are seeking an experienced candidate with the ability and skills to produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating the CNC router. Promotes safe practices while operating router to appropriately achieve an exceptional cut of material.
Responsibilities include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned:
- Reads blueprint and/or job order for product specifications including dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speed, depth of cut
- Determines sequence of operations
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collet, or tool post)
- Positions and secures workpiece holding devices, machine tables, chuck, centers, or fixtures
- Ability to use equipment to position tools and work pieces in relation to each other
- Sets specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
Licensing/Certificates: CNC Certification a plus. Must be forklift certified