CNC Router Operator
Operations | Austell, GA | Full Time
Who we are… Professional Plastics* - Premier Supplier of Plastic Sheets, Rods, Tubing & Films. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics . We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 18 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.*
Summary: Set up and operate CNC Router and supporting equipment, software, etc. and machine material to its required finished product. Promotes safe practices while operating router to appropriately achieve an exceptional cut of material. Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speed; depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collet, or tool post.)
- Positions and secures work piece I holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment as needed.
Experience: 2 years Router Operator required, fork lift experience preferred
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Full Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program.
Job Type: Full-time