CNC Machinist (Weekend Shift)
Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Sets up, programs and operates CNC machines
- Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical controlled machines, i.e. mills, lathes, routers and/or saws to machine plastic or metal work pieces to specifications
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Performs diversified operations on numerical controlled machines
- Performs a variety of related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine sequence and dimensions of finished work piece
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions
- Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies
- Responsible for machine maintenance
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care account, 401k plan and Employee Assistance Program.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as a CNC Machinist required
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Weekend Shift - Fri-Sat-Sun-6am-6pm
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran