CNC Machinist Lead
Manufacturing | Rockford, IL | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
The CNC Machinist Lead will be responsible for achieving established safety, quality and operational goals while optimizing efficiency and effectiveness. Focuses on the key daily disciplines of technical assistance, set-up communication, positive attitude and teamwork.
1st shift (1 opening)
2nd shift (1 opening)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Programs, sets up and operates the CNC equipment in their respective area.
- Uses inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, CMM, to validate tolerances.
- Monitors levels of production, shift output per machine, labor performance, scraps and rejects, and housekeeping.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Responsible for assigning jobs and machines to team members in their area and shifts.
- Performs positive and effective shift turnover and hand off to achieve expected results.
- Answers questions and leads team members on their designated shift and area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the training and development of team members in their department/shift including shadowing and coaching.
- Leads team members in the promotion and integration of new ideas and process improvements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran