CNC Machinist Lead
Warehouse | Rockford, IL | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical controlled machines, i.e. Mills, Lathes, Routers and/or saws to machine plastic or metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Performs a variety of related operations to close and interrelated tolerances on numerical controlled machines
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine sequence and dimensions of finished work piece
- Attaches fixtures to machine according to setup instructions
- Manipulates controls to start machine
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Answers questions and leads team members on their designated shift and area of responsibility Responsible for assigning jobs and machines to team members in their area and shifts.
- Performs positive and effective shift turnover and hand off to achieve expected results.
- Monitors levels of production, shift output per machine, labor performances, scraps and rejects, and housekeeping
- Responsible for the training and development of team members in their department/shift including shadowing and coaching.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Leads team members in the promotion and integration of new ideas and process improvements.
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran