CNC Machinist (2nd Shift)
Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Who we are … Professional Plastics is a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shape. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics . We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 18 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Sets up, programs and operates CNC machines
- Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical controlled machines, i.e. Mills, Lathes, Routers and/or saws to machine plastic or metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Performs diversified operations on numerical controlled machines
- Performs a variety of related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine sequence and dimensions of finished work piece
- Attaches fixtures to machine according to setup instructions
- Manipulates controls to start machine
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications
- Notifies Supervisor of discrepancies
- Adjusts machine according to specifications
- Cleans machine parts and performs machine maintenance
Experience: 2 years minimum CNC Machinist experience.
Shift: This is a 2nd shift position. Differential is available, M-Th 4pm-2:30am.
Benefits Package: medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D, long term and short term disability, flexible spending and dependent care account, 401k plan and employee assistance program.
If being part of the Professional Plastics team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type: Full-time