Purchasing | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 19 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary:Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as: raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews requisitions
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price
- Prepares purchase orders
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services, purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- Working knowledge of inventory management principles: understanding of basic accounting in regards to inventory value, turns and cost of goods sold, etc.
- Negotiates pricing, terms, maximizing rebates, etc. with vendors and building and nurturing key vendor relationships
- Works closely with sales teams to develop, grow and maintain current and future business
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Reviews problem invoices for payment
- Expedites delivery of goods to users
- Debit Memos/Returns
- Freight Inspections/Freight Claims/Pictures of Damage
- Cycle Counts
- Negative Bin report cleanup
- Make inventory adjustments
- Branch sales support handling drop, stock, and transfer emails
- Meet with vendors
- Bank and CPA Inventory Audits
Education and/or Experience:Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer:Disability/Veteran
Full Benefits Package:Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Buyer, Purchasing, Purchasing Agent, Requisition, CPP, Vendor, Audit, Inventory, Negotiation, Pricing, Procurement, Procuring, Cycle Counts, Cycle Counting, Claims, Debit Memos, Quality Control, Inspection, Returns, RMA
Job Type: Full-time