Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: Assembler will be responsible to assemble parts and perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. Will maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible to assemble parts, to include gluing and packaging
- Inspect and review quality of components and completed units
- Reads and follows work instructions, drawings, setup sheets, visual aids
- Selects correct components for assembly per drawings/blueprints
- Set up fixture and process design for new and existing parts
- Test finished parts for defects
- Package units properly per instructions, and to prevent damage
- Label parts per standards and customer requirements
- Inventory components accurately
- Routing using table and hand routers
- Finishing parts to include sanding, shaping, buffing, polishing, flame polishing, joining
- Operates necessary machinery and equipment to meet product specifications
- Promotes cost reduction opportunities and delegate responsibility for action
- Ensures plant and equipment is maintained to achieve production requirements, provide a safe and clean work environment
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account, 401k Plan and Employee Assistance Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time