Administrative | Portland, OR | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Portland branch office. This position supports multiple managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and will be expected to effectively communicate with multiple branches when required. The ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity and multi-tasking is expected.
Experience: We are seeking a candidate with experience in the manufacturing, warehouse or relatable field. A minimum of 3+ years administrative experience is required. Distribution and/or plastic industry is a plus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Answering and directing phone calls to relevant staff
- Assist multiple departments with Purchase Orders
- Billing and credit processing - *experience with RMA’s a plus!*
- Maintain new customer information database
- Process credit applications
- Provide support to the sales team, release sales orders, communicate any damage or discrepancies in quantity
- Responsible for communicating shipping information to sales team and customers
- Respond to drop, transfer and stock checks
- Responsible for inventory adjustments
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full Time