Information Technology | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Experienced and certified Network Engineer with demonstrated Enterprise Network design ability and experience building and maintaining Wireless networks. Position requires excellent presentation and communication skills including high-level communications with the customer and technical communications with peers. This position will lead the discussion on technical networking engineering matters and help define strategic engineering direction.
- Comfortable in both Enterprise network design and hands-on device configuration.
- Must be proficient in supporting wireless technology including management and delivery (Including but not limited to AP’s, controllers and management software).
- Analyzes VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Analyzes and designs dynamic routing including EIGRP and BGP.
- Provides Tier 4 escalation support for the dedicated Network Team.
- Designs and configures LAN/WAN/MAN communications and network hardware including Cisco routers and switches.
- Comfortable with Visio and documentation tasks.
- Assesses functional requirements and derives detailed network designs that meet the connectivity and cyber security needs of the government.
- Routinely provides support and high level briefings to the customer.
- Uses network monitoring tools to identify problems or help customers requiring assistance with network hardware, software, or inquiries.
- Provides problem determination/resolution based upon personal experience, expert opinion and standard operating procedures, including immediate resolution where possible.
- Works with other network technologists that are involved in network monitoring and maintenance, configuration management, and customer support.
- Documents and proposes solutions for network problems and work with appropriate personnel to achieve resolution.
- Comfortable with a dynamically routed world-wide Enterprise network.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
- Strong understanding of inter-networking technologies including VLAN, STP, BGP , EIGRP, DMVPN, VRF, and VPN.
- Enterprise Wireless Networking design and build experience is a must.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP.
- Active security clearance of Secret or above.