Property Manager - Houston
Property Manager | Houston, TX | Full Time
We are a property management company that owns and operates affordable housing communities. It is our goal to provide high-quality affordable housing. We offer employees competitive salary and benefits, job training and more.
We are looking to hire a full-time property manager for an affordable housing community in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate is professional, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to oversee all aspects of leasing and maintenance operations. Applications must include a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- Attracting and retaining residents
- Processing move-ins/outs efficiently; maintaining high occupancy/low vacancy and keeping accurate and thorough records (both electronic and physical files)
- Collecting and processing rent
- Verifying that households meet income restrictions as well as affordable housing program requirements
- Certifying/re-certifying residents to comply with HUD rules and regulations
- Conducting quality inspections to verify and document proper upkeep of the property
- Working side by side with maintenance staff and contractors to ensure excellent physical condition of the property
- Resolving resident issues
- Organizing community events for residents; network with local or area community services to bring these resources to residents
- Inputting vendor invoices into Quickbooks
- Initiating evictions or lease violations as needed
- Maintaining accurate records of work order requests and unit turnover in internal company database
- Submitting monthly reports and statement to regional staff timely and accurately
- 3 or more years of property management experience
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable using a computer to routinely perform job functions.
- High School Degree
- Section 8 experience. Candidates with subsidized, public housing, low income, tax credit, HUD and/ or section 8 apartment experience will receive a strong preference.
- College degree
- Knowledge of Realpage Onesite
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Sick and bereavement time
- Fitness/ Healthy habits reimbursement
- Monthly performance bonus
- Annual cost of living raises
- Job security/ stability
- Paid training
- Retirement savings program