Apartment Maintenance Technician
Maintenance | South Wichita, Kansas | Full Time
We are looking for an experienced part-time property maintenance technician in the Newton, KS area. The ideal candidate has experience in apartment maintenance, is professional, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to perform all aspects of maintenance.
- Prepare vacant units for market, including painting, drywall, carpentry, and general repairs.
- Perform routine repairs, including plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliance, electrical, painting, and drywall.
- Obtain bids from vendors for routine work and order shop materials.
- Perform routine inspections and preventive maintenance.
- Perform on-call emergency work as required (on a shared basis).
- Prioritize and organize work orders, capital improvements, and vacant units.
- Occasional travel to a second apartment complex to perform duties and responsibilities at that location.
- Lift/move up to 100 pounds, work on feet for 8 hours a day.
- 5+ years of apartment maintenance experience.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance.
- Must own and be able to use basic tools required for the job.
- HUD REAC experience
- HVAC experience installing and troubleshooting and EPA certification
- Advanced carpentry skills and able to install and maintain doors, windows, wood siding, drywall and cabinets
- College degree
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Sick and bereavement time
- Fitness/ Healthy habits incentive bonus
- Monthly performance bonus
- Annual cost of living raises
- Job security/ stability
- Paid training