Senior Software Engineer (Python/Django)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Prism taps A.I. and computer vision to transform how the world uses video. We’re building the world’s most comprehensive platform of cameras, sensors and machine learning technologies to empower organizations of all types to solve complex problems and identify hidden opportunity.
Join our team of talented engineers and business professionals who are exploring creative ways to understand one of the most interesting and untapped sources of information on the planet -- video. Help to shape and build revolutionary new products and features that combine the latest breakthroughs in A.I. and machine learning with the data gathered from the cameras and sensors that are all around us. At Prism, we're committed to revolutionizing video, while also embracing an entrepreneurial spirit that empowers every team member to lead, be creative and passionate about the work that we do everyday.
- Take ownership of significant pieces of Prism's Python-based web application
- Lead by example by designing and implementing clean best-practices maintainable python.
- Implement new architecture and provide thought leadership around making data faster, easier, and more efficient to process and consume
- Design and develop both private and public APIs
- Work with Product to define, design, and deliver on new features
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Python, the standard library, and Django
- Knowledge of SQL-based databases, both design and efficient querying
- Deep experience both integrating with, and developing, REST API's
- Basic front-end web development skills (JS, HTML, CSS, AJAX)
- *NIX development (preferably debian/ubuntu) using git
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- A strong open source presence (send us your profile links)!
Send your resume and anything else you think would help us get to know you and the great stuff you can do: links to github account, FOSS contributions, portfolios, or other online presence.