Senior Backend Data Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Prism Skylabs’ unique cloud service transforms any video camera into a visual merchandising, auditing, and business intelligence tool that can be accessed from any device. We extract data from video feeds and turn it into stunning imagery and insights to provide brick-and-mortar businesses in-store analytics to be successful in an increasingly digital world.
Our team hails from Stanford, Berkeley, NASA, and Google. We all share a deep commitment to exploring creative ways to collect, analyze and visualize one of the most interesting sources of information on the planet.
We are looking for a talented data platform engineer who can help us build a best-in-class system for Prism's data.
- Manage the strategy and principles around data management.
- Define and implement standards for ingesting, describing, governing, conditioning, modeling, indexing and storing data.
- Explore, implement, and extend novel technologies for interacting with and processing data in near real-time.
- Implement new architecture and provide thought leadership around making data faster, easier, and more efficient to process and consume.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant experience with design of systems to ingest, store, and provide access to data.
- Strong experience with traditional SQL-based data stores
- Strong experience with less traditional data store technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with data science computing platforms, BI tools and big data technologies.
- Familiarity with search index platforms (Solr, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Proven track record of supporting large scale, data centric web apps and analytic dashboards.
- Strong in one or more modern high-level languages (preferably python).
- Experience interfacing with a modern web framework (rails, django, etc)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborating and dynamic environment.
- Development experience using IaaS platforms (preferably Amazon's AWS)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong open source presence (send us your profile links! github, stackoverflow, etc.)
- *NIX ninja. Can you write quicksort as a 4 line shell script?
Send your resume and anything else you think would help us get to know you and the great stuff you can do: links to github account, FOSS contributions, portfolios, or other online presence.