Support Engineer (dedicated customer portfolio)
Customer | Any location, Czech republic, Czech Republic | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As the first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor.
We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. Our flexibility means our customers come from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. It’s a great time to join us and grow with us worldwide.
You can find out more about us: http://www.pricefx.com
You will be working in a team that Supports a few, dedicated customers with customized services on the 2nd and 3rd level in and around our Pricing applications. You will grow a deep knowledge of and relationship with your customers and come to understand their unique business models.
You and your colleagues will have a broader role than traditionally, as you will also be involved in Change Management, Incident Management, and Release Management – and probably our internal QA teams and consultant teams will rely on your understanding of the customer solution too.
You will work closely with our 3rd level Support team handling all other customers as well as our
Engineering team, Consulting, Operations, and other stakeholders. You will be a part of a large cooperative team, but you will organize your work your way based on priorities and your work will be self-managed.
So, if you like multiple challenges, can analyze a bit of code, query a database, and are experienced in triaging complex workflow applications plus like the relationship role with your customers, this job is for you.
You will be in charge of…
- Use problem-solving skills to analyze and solve requests coming from our customers
- Managing incidents based on defined ITIL priorities
- Performing root cause analysis
- Understanding Pricefx pricing platform from customer and technical side
- Analyzing logs, code debugging, understanding database queries, monitoring server performance
- Active communication with other teams when it comes to investigating or fixing server bugs, addressing configuration change requests, and reporting core bugs
- Being on evening and weekend duties after completed training, be available within one hour to address new Critical tickets or system down situations based on received monitoring alerts
- Proactively sharing knowledge and “how-to” with customers and our teams internally when possible.
What should you have to succeed?
- Proven basic programming skills is a must (preferably in Groovy, Java)
- Basic UNIX knowledge needed (shell scripts, CRON, grep, cat, …)
- MySQL/Postgres skills, understanding logs
- Knowledge and interest in coding, SQL, web technologies (HTML, JSON, REST API), GIT
- Experience with ticketing systems or development methodologies – working with priorities, SLA, statuses, workflows, JIRA
- Excellent communication and writing skills – reaching out to customers/internal teams, expanding documentation/how-to articles, reporting bugs into JIRA
Other Job Specifics…
- After fully completed training, we will expect you to help us with the evening and weekend standby duties. The rotation basis is approx. once a month including other Support Engineers
- Applicants need to have permission to live and work in the Czech Republic (we do not provide any assistance with work permit transcript)
- We offer full-time employment contract (part-time or freelance cooperation is not possible for this role)
- We are looking for people to work on-site after a lift of current restrictions (under normal circumstances, this role is not a remote one, although the home office is possible upon agreement)
- We require a clean criminal record
- Prague, Hradec Kralove or Ostrava (Czech Republic)
What will you love about us?
- Your opinion matters here. You can build something new together with our cooperative worldwide team.
- You will be given your space and a chance to bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment.
- We will allow you to bring your own working equipment by providing an option of a monthly allowance instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, cell phone)
- Bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment. We value collaboration, teamwork, and inspiration.
- Once a year, Pricefx-ers from around the globe gather in another Country to celebrate. We work (and play) hard throughout the year. So, our All Hands is the perfect time to meet face to face with disjointed voices you've had many meetings with over the phone, plan for the year ahead, but most importantly get to know each other better in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
- We now offer an additional day off during your birthday month and on your anniversary month at years 3, 5, 8, 10. In your anniversary years, we also provide a special token of our Pricefx appreciation.
- Our offices are exceptional in the look and the atmosphere, but you can also work from home or in a park.
- And you do get over-standard benefits, holidays, sick days etc.
IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND US YOUR CV IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in GDPR for Candidates.