Internal Application: Support Engineer Chicagoland
Customer | Hybrid in Chicago, IL | Full Time
Join our family at Pricefx, a leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimization & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. Experiencing consistent annual growth, Pricefx remains committed to stable employment. We value flexibility and provide home office and remote work opportunities. Our product boasts outstanding customer reviews ranging from small companies to renowned names such as Michelin, Sonoco, Danone, Avery Dennison, and Bosch.
With branches in 7 countries and over 30 nationalities, Pricefx is a genuinely international and diverse company, fostering a warm, welcoming, and respectful environment. Join us at Pricefx and be part of a winning team that values your unique contributions, encourages accountability and personal growth, and celebrates collective achievements.
Provide professional and timely service and support to customers and colleagues alike so we can help our customers grow their business. Participate and contribute to our family with your skills and personality. And finally, learn and grow in our company.
You will be in charge of…
- Problem-solving on the application layer of our Pricefx products as well as on the platforms (database, java server, integration components), using various debugging tools
- Testing and verifying technical issues on our test platforms, reproduce faults
- Analysis of data streams between our integration engines and customer e-Commerce platforms
- Investigations into various events such as alerts from our Monitoring platforms
- Internal as well as customer dialogue in writing and over the phone
- Remote sessions with customer’s experts to progress our investigations
- Designs and develops support systems to monitor application status and the entire platform (processor, memory, disk, log errors)
- Identifying generic SW bugs, documenting them, and reporting them to our Development team
- Helping to perform routine tasks on our customer partitions as part of maintenance and upgrade tasks
- Participating in standby duties during weekends and business holidays
- Maintaining system documentation
What should you have to succeed?
To achieve all this, you need to be patient yet proactive, gracious yet confident, independent yet cooperative. But mainly eager for challenges because both your soft skills and technical knowledge will be truly tested in Pricefx!
- Experience in the following is needed:
- Java/Java EE
- Groovy knowledge is an advantage
- DB – experience with one of MySQL, Postgres, Oracle
- SaaS support
- Analytical skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer orientation
- Minimum 5 years of experience
This would make it easier…
- Pricing knowledge and an IT background
- CPQ experience
- SaaS experience
- Chicago, IL,
Other job specifics...
- Full-time employment
- After fully completing training, we expect you to help us with the weekend standby duties. The rotation basis is approximately once a month, including other Support Engineers
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Pricefx. Our office is centrally located in the West Loop of Chicago, with plenty of flexibility on public transportation options. We have also built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
- We will give you the option of your own devices by providing a monthly $260-IT allowance (laptop, mobile, and internet).
- We match your 401K contribution dollar for dollar up to 4%, and your contributions are vested immediately.
- We give you 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO), 14 public holidays each year, and your birthday off.
- We have amazing healthcare coverage sponsored by the ADP platform.
- We offer 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in