Solution Architect - Presales
Revenue | Houston, TX | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As a first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. We are highly flexible so, our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. Great time to join us and grow with us outside the borders.
You will be in charge of…
- Build reference “as-is” and “to-be” diagrams for prospective customers for any/all types of communications regarding business process, PriceFX intra-module data flow, and CRM/ERP integration
- Provide technical support in response to field inquiries from Sales Account Executives, Solution Strategists related to capabilities of Pricefx Platform – with particular focus on data integrations
- Answer technical questions from customers regarding Pricefx Platform, architectural stack, and product capabilities
- Demonstrate Pricefx Platform technologies to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at conferences and advocate for Pricefx cloud offerings
- Build and manage the repository of technical documents to support RFP/RFI processes and continuously update this repository based on latest release information
- Ensure that Americas, APAC regions specifically (and EMEA occasionally) are supported as needed with the understanding for regional differences in needs and requirements for time of day support
In time, you will have the opportunity to…
- Support our Solution Strategists in strategic prospective and existing customer engagements (i.e., SaaS expansion opportunities) which require comprehensive understanding of B2B GTM and pricing practices at the intersection of our product capabilities
- Become a trusted advisor for prospective customers during proof-of-concept phases by providing advisory on solution vision, business process mapping, design, scaling-up, etc.
- Follow prospective customers into implementation led by our Customer Solutions team in order to gain first-hand witness on delivered solutions as well as to contribute to a wildly satisfying customer experience
- Interact with, support, mentor, and encourage our technical and system integrator partner ecosystem through support of our Ecosystem team
- Provide functional and technical coaching to sales team, including AEs and Solution Strategists
- Provide functional and technical leadership to customer and partner teams on Pricefx Platform, including its integration capabilities
- Consider variations of direct report responsibilities (e.g., partner resources co-engineering integrations & connectors) as well as a promotion path to technical manager of the global Presales Solution Architecture team.
- Contribute to content creation and communication in support of marketing and ecosystem objectives with finished deliverables, including but not limited to webinars, website – blogs – social media, and live events
- Support Director, Solution Strategy in any required special projects or additional responsibilities in scope for this position on responsibility
- Articulate product positioning to both business and technical users
What should you have to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or demonstrated competency with 10+ years of hands-on and team lead experience in the implementation of enterprise software solutions across Fortune 100/500 companies
- A self-starter and individual contributor in any/all aspects of lead-to-cash -- but ideally with a focus on pricing and CPQ for 5+ years -- experience with hands-on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing, or other implementation activities
- Skilled in problem-solving and finding the right mix when communicating across the business to technical spectrum experience collaborating with a team environment of cross-functional, cross-vendor, or cross-partner teams, and deliver responsibly and manage to aggressive timelines
- „Whiteboard-level presence“ on ERP/Pricing/CPQ related business process design, implementation and/or integrations – particular experience with SAP ECC or S/4 is preferable –- along with excellent communication skills -- will distinguish excellent candidates
- Enjoys building communicative (if not pretty) solution and integration diagrams
This would make it easier
- Hands-on experience with SAP ECC Sales & Distribution or S/4 programming or integrations (e.g., Condition Technique, ABAP, BAPI, Process Integration, Cloud Process Integration, IDOCS)
- Hands-on experience with SFDC or Dynamics CRM or CPQ -- administration or integrations
- Experience in working with SaaS engineering and support teams for resolution of technical, integration, and performance issues
- Experience with or ability to communicate distinction between use case applicability for RDBMS vs. NoSQL and modern caching technology
- Understanding of HTTP methods as well as strength in or ability to learn RESTful and ODATA based integrations
- Light experience in with scripting languages such as Groovy, Python, Bash, or Powershell
- Light experience in software engineering using web frontend technologies
- Light understanding (or goal to learn about and communicate on technical or conceptual elements of) SaaS security, including authentication – SSO techniques, permissions, in-transit and at-rest encryption, modern fire-wall technology, SIEM, and penetration testing
- Light understanding (or goal to learn about and communicate on elements of) ISMS programs, including ISO and SOC standards
- Remote Opportunity
Other job specifics…
- Full-time employment
- Ability to travel up to 30% in the United States, with occasional international travel
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Price fx. We will give you the option of your own devices by providing a monthly $240-IT allowance (laptop, mobile, and internet). We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in