Site Reliability Engineer
Customer | Midwest | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As the first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. Our flexibility means our customers come from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. It’s a great time to join us and grow with us worldwide.
You will be part of the new team responsible for an infrastructure where the Pricefx application is running. The team is prepared to jump in when issues occur, is proactive to avoid future problems whenever possible, and plans for growth and new demands.
You will be in charge of...
- Investigation of issues in HW, Linux, Networks, Databases
- Performance tuning
- Installations, configurations, deployments
- Work on standards and documentation
What should you have to succeed?
- Linux administration, ideally Debian
- MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL administration, tuning, replications
- At least basic networking knowledge, DNS, VPN, firewall
- Apache, HAProxy
- ELK stack
- Salt Stack
This would make it easier...
- Pricing knowledge and an IT background
- CPQ experience
- SaaS experience
- Chicago, IL
Other job specifics…
- Full-time employment
- After fully completed training, we will expect you to help us with the weekend standby duties. The rotation basis is approx. once a month, including other Site Reliability Engineers
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Pricefx. We will give you the option of your own devices by providing a monthly $240-IT allowance (laptop, mobile, and internet). We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in