Senior Project Manager
Customer | Midwest | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As a first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. We are highly flexible so, our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. Great time to join us and grow with us outside the borders.
In this highly visible position, you will play a critical role leading complex, enterprise-level project implementations ensuring the solution will meet the customer's needs and deliver significant value to the customer's organization.
You will be in charge of…
- Managing multiple, large and/or complex projects (often simultaneously) in collaboration with various stakeholders (internal and external)
- Facilitating business process and functional discussions between business and IT stakeholders
- Articulating key pricing concepts and how they function in Pricefx
- Having a high-level understanding of typical upstream/downstream IT systems with which Pricefx typically integrates
- Facilitating steering committee meetings
- Mentoring and guiding other project managers and partners
- Supporting the project management competency by contributing to templates, processes, and education
- Leading or supporting approved internal initiatives as needed
- Leading project teams through successful Pricefx solution implementations using the Pricefx project methodology (Agile based).
- Defining and maintaining project plan and timeline
- Managing project communications, status reporting, and escalations
- Ensuring project team is staffed at the required levels
- Being accountable for up-to-date project documentation
What should you have to succeed?
- Requires bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline, MBA highly desirable
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, including the ability to influence and gain the confidence of senior-level executives
- Excellent presentation skills to present complex concepts in an organized, accessible, and articulate manner to both commercial and technical audiences
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in SaaS software configuration and implementation
- The discipline to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small, high-performing team with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience as a senior project manager in the information technology sector, preferably in the pricing domain or similar
- Pricing, CPQ, Financial, or "Big-Data" experience is a plus
- Proficiency with a project tracking tool, collaboration and communication tools, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This would make it easier
- PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP and/or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with Atlassian Software (Jira, Confluence)
- Exposure to ERP and/or CRM systems (SAP, SFDC, MS Dynamics, …)
- Chicago, IL or Remote Opportunity
Other job specifics…
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30%, occasional international travel
- Full-time employment
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Pricefx. We will give you the option of your own devices by providing a monthly $240-IT allowance (laptop, mobile, and internet). We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in GDPR for Candidates.