Senior Financial Analyst
Operations | Midwest | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As a first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. We are highly flexible so, our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. Great time to join us and grow with us outside the borders.
You will grow Pricefx financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends. Create best-in-class operational metrics tracking to be utilized across Pricefx globally. Partner across the organization to identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
You will be in charge of…
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations to improve performance
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and creating comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
- Conduct comparable company analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
What should you have to succeed?
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of business finance experience either at an investment bank or strategic consultancy
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity, with the abilities to work independently, multi-task, and anticipate needs and opportunities
- Passion for learning and driving innovation
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent presentation skills; comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Self-starter with superb interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
This would make it easier
- Post-MBA preferred (or BBA with relevant experience)
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Chicago, IL
Other job specifics…
- Full-time employment
- Ability to travel up to 10%, with occasional international travel
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Pricefx. We will give you the option of your own devices by providing a monthly $240-IT allowance (laptop, mobile, and internet). We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in