Performance Engineer - Predict
Technology | Prague, Czech Republic | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As a first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. We are highly flexible so, our customers are from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. Great time to join us and grow with us outside the border.
You can find out more about us:
Provide professional and timely service of performance-focused “predict” work to customers and colleagues alike so we can help our customers grow their business. Participate and contribute to our family with your skills and personality. And finally, learn and grow in our company.
You will be in charge of…
- Incorporating more performance-focused testing during PriceFx release cycles
- Further enhancing the monitoring and alerting functionality to help “predict” situations which may lead to performance issues
- Implementing script-based groovy code analysis to identify potential risks
- Implementing script-based system performance log analysis
- Exploring the possibility to find relationships between groovy code and performance log analysis findings
- Working with Ops to further enhance system setups to ensure performance aspects are covered
- Working with the Platform team to ensure “predict” output information is made visible where applicable
- Maintain applicable performance-related documentation
What should you have to succeed?
To achieve all this, you need to be patient yet pro-active, gracious yet confident, independent yet cooperative…but mainly eager for challenges because both your soft-skills and technical knowledge will be truly tested in Pricefx! Experience of the following is needed:
- Prior performance experience in multi-tier Java-based applications
- Groovy knowledge is an advantage
- DB – experience with one of MySQL, Postgres, Oracle (in that order)
- Linux/Unix (Debian ideally)
- SaaS support
- Scripting capabilities
- Analytical skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer orientation
- Solid knowledge of English language (written & spoken)
- University degree
- 3 years of experience
- Prague, the Czech Republic (or Ostrava, or Hradec Králové)
Other job specifics…
- Full-time employment (permanent contract)
- The candidate needs to have a work permit or permanent residence in the Czech Republic.
What will you love about us?
You will be part of a global team and a company culture that is characterized by the free and respected exchange of professional and cultural perspectives. As a rapidly growing organization, you will have opportunities to explore creative ways of delivering continuous value to our clients and charting a career path that reflects the unique skill set and experience you bring to Price fx. We will give you the option of your own devices by proving a monthly 2800 CZK IT allowance (laptop, and mobile). We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in GDPR for Candidates.