Performance Engineer - Perform
Technology | Prague, Czech Republic | Full Time
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As the first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor.
We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. Our flexibility means our customers come from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. It’s a great time to join us and grow with us worldwide.
Provide professional and timely service of performance-focused “perform” work to customers and colleagues alike so we can help our customers grow their business. Participate and contribute to our family with your skills and personality. And finally, learn and grow in our company.
You will be in charge of…
Performance focused problem-solving on the application layer of our Pricefx products as well as on the platform (database, java server, integration components), using various debugging tools)
Test and verify performance issues on our test platforms, reproduce the behaviour
Investigations into various events such as performance alerts from our Monitoring platforms
Internal as well as, if necessary, customer dialogue in writing and over the phone
Remote sessions with PriceFX, partner and customer experts to progress our performance-related investigations
- Designs and develops support systems to monitor application and entire platform (processor, memory, disk, log errors) performance status
- Identifying performance-related generic SW bugs, documenting them and reporting them to our Development team
- Maintain applicable performance-related documentation
What should you have to succeed?
To achieve all this, you need to be patient yet pro-active, gracious yet confident, independent yet cooperative…but mainly eager for challenges because both your soft-skills and technical knowledge will be truly tested in Pricefx!
Experience of the following is needed:
- Prior performance experience in multi-tier Java-based applications
- knowledge of Java programming, Groovy knowledge is an advantage
- DB – experience with one of MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Linux light-admin (Debian ideally)
- SaaS support experience very welcome
- Flexibility, analytical thinking
- Ability and eagerness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer orientation
- Solid knowledge of the English language (written & spoken)
- 3 years of experience at least
- Hradec králové
Other job specifics…
- Full-time employment (permanent contract)
- The candidate needs to have a work permit or permanent residence in the Czech Republic.
What will you love about us?
- Your opinion matters here. You can build something new together with our cooperative worldwide team.
- You will be given your space and a chance to bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment.
- We will allow you to bring your own working equipment by providing an option of a monthly allowance instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, cell phone)
- Bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment. We value collaboration, teamwork, and inspiration.
- Once a year, Pricefx-ers from around the globe gather in another Country to celebrate. We work (and play) hard throughout the year. So, our All Hands is the perfect time to meet face to face with disjointed voices you've had many meetings with over the phone, plan for the year ahead, but most importantly get to know each other better in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
- We now offer an additional day off during your birthday month and on your anniversary month at years 3, 5, 8, 10. In your anniversary years, we also provide a special token of our Pricefx appreciation.
- Our offices are exceptional in the look and the atmosphere, but you can also work from home or in a park.
- And you do get over-standard benefits, holidays, sick days etc.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in GDPR for Candidates.