Engineering | Prague, Czech Republic | Full Time and Contract
Core Price f(x) frontend has been running on older Java web GUI for a pretty long time. Now the time for a change has become. From our developers, we have formed a brand new, small (three people) and a very agile team of front-end developers that build a brand new UI for our product. The team has already started but now it needs your support.
We have started writing the new UI using Ember.js and Lightning Design System. Since we have started we only transferred about ⅙ of our product to the new UI. Our backlog contains writing our own design system as well. There is still a big chunk of work ahead of us.
Since the codebase is still pretty small but exponentially growing there is still a lot of space to impact things in a good way. Front-end developers play a big role on our team. Their goal is to make the complex approachable for end users and to enable the rest of our R&D organization to build UI of the highest code quality and best user experience possible.
- Are you a motivated self-starter who likes to own what you’re working on, who is comfortable with driving development from a sketch of an idea to a polished product?
- Do you want to contribute to building a world-class software, and help create cutting-edge pricing software for demanding clients?
- Do you believe that readability and testability are necessary preconditions for development and team efficiency?
- Do you want to be a part of a mid-size company where you have enough space for growth and impact at the same time?
Your mission will be to design, build and further enhance the next generation of Price f(x) application front-end – on both, desktop and mobile devices.
What should you have to succeed?
- Solid front-end architecture and coding skills, and experience in building reusable components that fit together into scalable production applications.
- The sense of web UX, with experience building intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Very good knowledge of English and Czech language
You will be working on things like...
- Building and designing UI that is responsive, performant, and accessible
- Contributing to a definition of a new design system (library) for our products
- Collaborating with other teams like Core Engineering, UX and Product Management
- Creating web mashups of Price f(x) products with other cloud vendors in our eco-system, like Salesforce.com, SAP Cloud-for-Customer
- Fine-tuning of application performance
- And having FUN!
What will you love about us?
Your opinion matters here and you build something new together with respectful and cooperative worldwide team. You get your space and responsibility to bring your ideas to life while working within flexible environment and time. We will give you free choice of your working equipment by giving allowances instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, mobile).
Our offices are exceptional by the look and the atmosphere, but you can also work from home or a park.
And you do get over-standard benefits, holidays, sick days etc.
Other Job specifics…
Candidate needs to have permission to live and work in the Czech Republic