Engineering | Prague, Czech Republic | Full Time and Contract
Core Price f(x) frontend has been running on older Java web GUI for a pretty long time. Now the time for a change has become. From our developers, we have formed a brand new, small (three people) and a very agile team of front-end developers that build a brand new UI for our product. The team has already started but now it needs your support.
We have started writing the new UI using Ember.js and Lightning Design System. Since we have started we only transferred about ⅙ of our product to the new UI. Our backlog contains writing our own design system as well. There is still a big chunk of work ahead of us.
Since the codebase is still pretty small but exponentially growing there is still a lot of space to impact things in a good way. Front-end developers play a big role on our team. Their goal is to make the complex approachable for end users and to enable the rest of our R&D organization to build UI of the highest code quality and best user experience possible.
- Are you a motivated self-starter who likes to own what you’re working on, who is comfortable driving development from a sketch of an idea to a polished product?
- Do you want to contribute to building a world-class software, and help create cutting-edge pricing software for demanding clients?
- Do you believe that readability and testability are necessary preconditions for development and team efficiency?
- Do you want to be a part of a mid-size company where you have enough space for growth and impact at the same time?
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Programming advanced web applications in HTML, CSS, and Ember.js
- Developing features and improving user experience in collaboration with our product and design team
- Fine-tunning of app loading and rendering performance
You'll need to have experience with:
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, familiarity with architecture patterns
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to product ideas and prototype early concepts
- EcmaScript 6 is required
It would be great if you had experience with..
- Writing standalone JS applications based on REST APIs
- Basic experience with Java (since our backend runs on Java)
- Writing web applications integrated with SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, or SAP C4C
- Educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies and processes within company or community
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Critically evaluating a front end framework
You will be working on things like...
- Creating a brand new design system (library) for our products
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible
- Collaborating with other disciplines across engineering, UX and product to help develop front-end solutions that would solve customers problems
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- And having FUN!