Technology | Prague, Czech Republic | Full Time and Contract
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As the first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor.
We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. Our flexibility means our customers come from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. It’s a great time to join us and grow with us worldwide.
You can find out more about us: http://www.pricefx.com
- Your mission is to manage and grow the appointed engineering team responsible for delivery of Pricefx SaaS software solution.
- Pricefx SaaS solution includes backend services, API and front-end web application.
- The position reports to SVP Engineering.
You will be in charge of:
1) Delivering Pricefx SaaS software
- Collaborating with Product Management on defining the product roadmap and release plans
- Ensuring software delivery in time and in high quality,
- Monitor and optimize the processes and progress of software delivery of Pricefx SaaS solution
- Coordinating software release process
- Protecting team, unblocking team and guiding the team to find solutions to the problems
- Coordinating tasks and communication in case of customer escalations or special projects
2) Managing Engineering team
- Managing and coaching the appointed engineering team
- People management of 8+ Engineers in the appointed team
- Having regular 1-1 meetings with Software Engineers reporting to you
- Contributing to and sustaining a high-end engineering culture
- Ensuring that the engineering team has the right tools, technology, and processes to build quality, scalable and reliable SaaS product
- Collaboration with the Product Management team, QA, Documentation team, Support
- Inspiring and motivating team
- Hiring the right engineers to the team, actively participating in interviews
What Should you have to succeed:
- Ability to multi-task, handle and prioritize a number of tasks and requests
- Strong technical background is must - understanding of concepts of software architecture, design, integration methodologies, security and pen tests is very important
- While in this role we do not expect from you to spend time hands-on developing software, it is important that you understand and have a good overview in technologies and tools like: API, REST, Java, Git and Gitlab, pipelines, DevOps, SPA, web applications, security, databases (MariaDB, Postgres), cloud (AWS, S3, …), logging, Merge Requests and code reviews
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in software engineering (preferably on product development, ideally SaaS and B2B)
- At a minimum of 3 years of managing teams of engineers
- Proven experience and ability with managing and mentoring a team, influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority and adapting to a fast-paced environment and changing business priorities
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum preferred)
- Experience collaborating with other engineering teams, UX designers, QA engineers, Product Managers and Support Engineers
- Experience with managing a team of 5 or more people
- Experience with SaaS, Public Cloud, Enterprise Software, Enterprise Integration is an advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand requirements of Business part of the company as well as
- Technology part of the company
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- University degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience.
Other job specifics
- Location: Prague OR Hradec Králové
- Travel required occasionally
- Full-time employment
- Permanent contract
The candidate needs to have permission to live and work in the Czech Republic.
What will you love about us?
- Your opinion matters here and you build something new together with a respectful and cooperative worldwide team.
- You get your space and responsibility to bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment and time.
- We will give you free choice of your working equipment by giving allowances instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, mobile).
- Our offices are exceptional by the look and the atmosphere, but you can also work from home or a park.
- And you do get over-standard benefits, holidays, sick days etc.
By applying, I confirm that I acknowledge and understand how Pricefx processes my personal data as per information in GDPR for Candidates.