desktop support / customer service
Operations | San Jose, CA | Full Time
PreXion, Inc. develops, markets, and supports systems for dental imaging applications. Its mission is to develop and deploy innovative imaging products that deliver high performance and superior image quality based on unique image processing technologies.
This position will require someone to assume a broad set of responsibilities. This is an entry level to mid level desktop support position. The candidate must be willing to shift or take on new challenges as they arise in this dynamically growing company. We are seeking an individual with excellent customer service and desktop support skills to support our internal employees, distributors and dental offices. This position may need you to travel up to 10% of the time. This position requires you to be in our office located right next to the San Jose Airport.
- Answer inbound technical support calls from internal employees and users at dental offices
- System troubleshooting by phone / email
- Solving tech support issues by responding to customers directly
- Contacting customer sites for service follow-ups
- Completing necessary documentation for service and related tasks
- Parts and inventory management
- Troubleshoot, build and image workstations in house
- Provide support for our proprietary 3D software and X-ray machine
- Minimum high school Diploma with prior experience in desktop support / customer service
- A background in computer hardware, software as well as computer networking
- Experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Experience troubleshooting Windows XP/7/10
- Experience troubleshooting network issues
- Experience troubleshooting Dell Precision workstations and laptops
- Experience using Acronis True Image & Norton Ghost
- Experience removing adware and virus's
- Must have excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of customers
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication skills is a MUST, both verbal and written
- Experience demonstrating a high degree of self-motivation and attention to detail in a position with little or no supervision
In addition to a competitive salary, package will include a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, STD insurance and 401k.
PreXion, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.