Senior Service Technician
Service | New York, NY | Full Time
Senior Service Technician
Audiovisual Design/Build firm headquartered in NYC - New York, NY
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
Position Type: Full -Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Benefits: Eligible after 90-day probationary period
Reports to: VP, Client Services
Supervises: No direct reports, but will oversee third-party vendors that might be required in certain situations. Will also mentor and assist PPI Service Technicians.
Summary/Objective: The Senior Service Technician is responsible for end-to-end troubleshooting, assessment and resolution of issues related to a customer’s Audio/Visual system(s). They will also provide preventative maintenance, meeting & event support, and end-user training. They will adapt as needed to a variety of roles including Managed Services (dedicated client support), Dispatched Services, and AV NOC Services (24x7 Monitoring & Remote Management). They are a customer-facing representative and possess excellent customer service skills, a strong technical aptitude, and an ability to diagnose & solve complex problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide exceptional AV service and support to customers across a variety of industries.
- Represent PPI in Managed Services (dedicated client support) roles.
- Assist with the continued maturity of AV NOC (24x7 Monitoring & Remote Management) services.
- Collaborate with PPI’s Service Coordinator to provide AV services by dispatch.
- Transition & grow between roles as the needs of the department change.
- Provide end-to-end troubleshooting and resolution of complex technical issues related to a client’s integrated AV systems (audio systems, video systems, networks, signal-management systems, control systems, etc.)
- Engage and collaborate with internal PPI engineers, programmers, project managers and Sales team to resolve complex technical issues that may require new design or retrofit.
- Work associated with Preventative Maintenance & Room Sweeps per defined processes.
- Assistance and support with customer meetings/events that involve AV (some may occur outside of traditional business hours).
- Initiate and follow up on RMAs for defective equipment and replacement products.
- Attend & participate in daily PPI Service Team meetings.
- Ensure Service Call status is kept current and customer-facing.
- Provide organized and continuous client training so they embrace the use of AV technology.
- Maintain customer manuals, drawings & as-built schematics when design has changed as a result if service & support.
- Understand PPI’s Service business model and recognize opportunities to drive revenue growth.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Client Services.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Comfortable interfacing with a customer at various levels of their organization (Help Desk to C-Level).
- Experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above in a relevant industry.
- Strong desire to develop and improve technical skills.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Network experience (Network+ and/or CCNA preferred).
- Experience with various Crestron solutions.
- Experience with cloud-based service providers and virtual meetings (i.e., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Experience providing monitoring & remote management services.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of traditional business hours and respond to urgent situations when they occur.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- Literacy in Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure yet act with a sense of urgency.
- Must possess strong organizational, efficiency and detail-oriented skill sets.
- Professional presentation and demeanor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- CTS certification (PPI will sponsor study materials and exam fees for otherwise-qualified candidates who do not yet possess their CTS).
- Other desirable vendor certifications include Crestron, Extron, Biamp, QSC and CompTIA.
Presentation Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.