Purchasing and Accounting Assistant
Administration | New York, NY | Full Time
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well-organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have the freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training, and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
This role offers a generous compensation package, training, manufacturer/industry certifications, advancement opportunities, 5 weeks of paid time off, health and dental insurance, Transitchek pre-tax program, 401K with employer match, state of the art technology and office facilities– and many more unique and innovative fringe benefits. In short, Presentation Products offers a career, not just a job. Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
As a full-service, Manhattan-based design-build firm, Presentation Products, Inc. (www.presentationproducts.com) has been a leading provider of turn-key audiovisual solutions in the tri-state area for over 20 years. Serving the Corporate, Higher Education, K-12, Hospitality, Government, and Military markets, our staff provides audiovisual integration services ranging from consulting through project planning to post-installation training and support.
This is a hybrid role with accounting, purchasing and inventory management responsibilities. Some of the tasks for this role include:
- Obtain and approves vendor bills. Researches and resolves discrepancies between purchase orders and vendors bills
- Enter customer payments
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliations
- Purchase goods and supplies needed for customer projects
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and determine product availability and terms of sales
- Maintain vendor contact information and continually seek new vendors and pricing
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Confirm receipt of purchase orders with vendors and delivery times to accommodate project deadlines
- Inventory Management
- Maintain inventory database by obtaining current pricing from vendors and importing into order entry system
- Keep in-stock inventory at the lowest possible value through utilizing existing inventory prior to purchasing similar items on projects, selling, disposing of, and returning in-stock inventory.
- Coordinate Return Merchandise Authorizations for general returns and damaged goods
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
We look forward to hearing from you!
Presentation Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer