AV Service Technician
Service | New York, NY | Full Time
AV Service Technician
Audiovisual Design/Build firm headquartered in NYC - New York, NY
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
The Service Technician is responsible for end-to-end troubleshooting, assessment and resolution of issues related to a customer’s Audio/Video system(s). They will also provide Preventative Maintenance, Meeting & Event Support, and Client Training. They are the “face of PPI” and have both excellent customer service skills and a strong technical aptitude. They are primarily based in the field and support a variety of customers in the NYC Metropolitan Area.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
This role offers a generous compensation package, 5 weeks of paid time off, health and dental insurance, Wageworks pre-tax program, 401K with employer match, state of the art technology and office facilities– and many more unique and innovative fringe benefits. Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide AV service and support to various customers in the NYC Metropolitan Area.
- End-to-end troubleshooting and resolution of all issues related to a site’s integrated AV systems (diagnostics, resetting codecs, display & audio connectivity issues, joining meetings, cabling, break/fix, AV rack, etc.)
- Work associated with Preventative Maintenance & Room Sweeps per defined processes.
- Assistance and support with customer meetings/events that involve AV (some may occur outside of traditional business hours).
- Initiate RMAs for defective equipment and replacement products.
- Report job progress to Service Manager and Service Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Ensure Work Order (service ticket) status is kept current.
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager and/or Service Coordinator.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above in a relevant industry.
- CTS certification (PPI will sponsor study materials and exam fees for otherwise-qualified candidates who do not yet possess their CTS).
- Network experience (Network+ and/or CCNA preferred).
- Experience with various Crestron solutions.
- Experience will cloud-based service providers and Virtual Meeting Rooms (i.e. Zoom, Skype for Business, Google Hangouts, Webex, etc.)
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of traditional business hours and respond to urgent situations when they occur.
- Literacy in Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, yet act with a sense of urgency.
- Must possess strong organizational, efficiency and detail-oriented skill sets.
- Professional presentation and demeanor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Please visit our web site to find out more at www.presentationproducts.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Presentation Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer