AV Project Manager
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Audio Visual Integration Firm
Project Manager (Audio Visual and Project Management Experience Required)
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
This role offers a generous compensation package, 5 weeks of paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, Wageworks pre-tax program, 401K with employer match, state of the art technology and office facilities– and many more unique and innovative fringe benefits. Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervises: Technician (indirect), Lead Technician (indirect)
Summary/Objective: The Project Manager is responsible for project oversight to include communication, quality control, and delivery of documented project scope within time and budgetary requirements.
- Coordinates internal project kickoff among relevant departments
- Attends initial client meetings and site visits with Operations Manager and Account Manager
- Interfaces with client regarding scheduling and installation
- Creates AV Installation Schedule/GANT Chart
- Revises schedule as there are delays and or changes.
- Updates appropriate team members on schedule revisions
- Coordinates with Assistant PM (when assigned to a project) on ordering equipment per schedule or coordinates ordering equipment on their own
- Schedules all labor associated with assigned projects
- Verifies accuracy of PPI site drawings and site conditions
- Verifies that all power, data, and infrastructure needs are coordinated
- Verifies that installation items are appropriately matched to field conditions
- Tracks project progress on a daily basis and provides detailed project reports to supervisor
- Manages scheduling to ensure that assigned projects fall within budgeted hours
- Introduces assigned staff to project requirements and ensures continued availability during installation
- Ensures equipment is received from the manufacturer prior to promised delivery and installation
- Prepares in conjunction with Warehouse Manager equipment and supplies before the installation date
- Delivers necessary equipment and supplies to job site as needed
- Triggers invoicing at appropriate landmarks throughout the project based on billing terms
- Creates documentation binders for clients that include equipment manuals, system drawings and operational procedures
- Delivers project documentation packages to customers upon client completion
- Notifies supervisor of incidents that occur during installation for the purposes of training and documentation
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Creativity / innovation. Creative thinker. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Persuasion. Ability to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes forceful stand without being abrasive.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Organization and planning. Plans organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Honesty / Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Ability to work independently
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalency
- College degree in technology
- Experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above in an associated industry
- Experience working with hand tools (e.g., hammer, screwdriver) and power tools (e.g., drills)
- Familiarity of industry practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- PC literacy to include Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn web based software and mobile applications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- CTS and/or CTS-I Certification
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Maintain regular and punctual daily attendance in the office or in the filed as applicable.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Presentation Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please visit our web site to find out more at www.presentationproducts.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Presentation Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer