AV Associate Engineer
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
AV Associate Engineer - Relocation Assistance Available
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
This role offers a generous compensation package, training, manufacturer / industry certifications, advancement opportunities, 5 weeks of paid time off, health and dental insurance, Wageworks pre-tax program, 401K with employer match, state of the art technology and office facilities– and many more unique and innovative fringe benefits. In short, Presentation Products offers a career, not just a job. Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
As a full service, Manhattan-based design build firm, Presentation Products, Inc. (www.presentationproducts.com) has been a leading provider of turn-key audiovisual solutions in the tri-state area for over 20 years. Serving the Corporate, Higher Education, K-12, Hospitality, Government, and Military markets, our staff provides audiovisual integration services ranging from consulting through project planning to post installation training and support.
Summary: The position of Associate Engineer’s primary function is to act as a bridge to the field and service engineer role and allow employees to develop and hone the core competencies of both to allow further growth. The Associate Engineer will split time between the Integration and Service departments.
Directly Reports to: Integration Manager
Indirectly Reports to: Director of Operations, Service Manager, Field Engineer, Project Manager
Leads effort of demo system assembly in the shop for testing
Assists programming and field engineering teams to conduct in-depth shop testing of all fabricated systems before field deployment
Including, but not limited to firmware updates, network configuration of devices, loading programming code, and creating punch lists for programming
Performs tier 1 on-site commissioning
Including, but not limited to configuration of digital audio signal processors, video conferencing systems, VoIP end points, and other audiovisual equipment as required
Onsite training with client
Coordinates with Engineering and Project Manager on system scope and design
Service calls as assigned by service coordinator and service manager
End-to-end troubleshooting and resolution of all issues related to a site’s integrated AV systems (diagnostics, resetting codecs, display & audio connectivity issues, joining meetings, cabling, break/fix, AV rack, etc.)
All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above in an associated industry
High school diploma or equivalency
CTS certification or ability to acquire within first 90 days
Basic Crestron programming and debugging experience
Advanced PC Literacy
Understanding of electronics and the ability to read drawings and schematics
Ability to work independently
Must possess strong organizational, efficiency and detail-oriented skill sets
Professional presentation and demeanor
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance in office (and on-site as scheduled)
- Comply with all company policies and procedure
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience working in a high paced office environment
Experience with Audio-Visual technologies
Experience in Audio-Visual Programming
Experience with GIT and GITHUB
College degree in technology
Please visit our web site to find out more at www.presentationproducts.com/careers
Apply by sending a resume and salary requirements to the address above. We look forward to hearing from you!
Presentation Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer