AV - Apprentice Technician
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Audiovisual Design/Build firm headquartered in NYC - New York, NY
Last Updated: July 2019
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
This role offers a generous compensation package, 5 weeks of paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, Wageworks pre-tax program, 401K with employer match, state of the art technology and office facilities– and many more unique and innovative fringe benefits. Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Installation Manager (direct), Lead Technician (indirect) and Project Manager (indirect)
Summary/Objective: An Apprentice Technician is responsible for the working with the field and or lead technicians on job sites. Their role is to assist field and or lead technicians in any facet necessary. This can range from cleaning up job related debris, running cable, to assisting in mounting/hanging AV related devices. The use of this role is to help new candidates learn about the exciting AV installation field. This role will assist in teach the candidate the technical base and skills needed to move into a higher-level technician role.
- Job site cleanliness
- Performs functions associated with the installation of audio/visual systems such as cable running, soldering, and terminations
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Honesty / Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Intelligence / Coachable. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Experience working with hand tools (e.g., hammer, screwdriver) and power tools (e.g., drills)
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Must possess a valid state ID
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Experience working with office equipment such as computer, e-mail, and VOIP Phone
- Construction experience a major plus
- OSHA 30
- PC literacy in a Windows environment, MAC helpful
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Maintain regular and punctual daily attendance in the office or in the filed as applicable.
- Familiarity of industry practices
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to learn web based software and mobile applications.
- Work overtime as assigned.
Presentation Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please visit our web site to find out more at www.presentationproducts.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Presentation Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer