Audiovisual Senior Technician
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
AV - Senior Technician
Audiovisual Design/Build firm headquartered in NYC - New York, NY
Last Updated: July 2019
Our employees say it best:
- "I believe that PPI works to retain their most talented employees. PPI is flexible with trusted employees and management works to understand employees needs/wants and strives for employee satisfaction."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are an innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on challenging projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
This role offers a generous compensation package, training, manufacturer / industry certifications, advancement opportunities, 5 weeks of paid time off, health and dental insurance, Wageworks pre-tax program, 401K with employer match, state of the art technology and office facilities– and many more unique and innovative fringe benefits. In short, Presentation Products offers a career, not just a job. Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
As a full service, Manhattan-based design build firm, Presentation Products, Inc. (www.presentationproducts.com) has been a leading provider of turn-key audiovisual solutions in the tri-state area for over 20 years. Serving the Corporate, Higher Education, K-12, Hospitality, Government, and Military markets, our staff provides audiovisual integration services ranging from consulting through project planning to post installation training and supp
- Mounts and installs audio/visual systems
- Configures audio/visual systems and sub-systems
- Performs functions associated with the installation of audio/visual systems such as cable running, soldering and terminations
- Completes manual testing and troubleshooting of audio/visual systems
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are followed during installation
- Reports job progress to Project Managers daily
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Organization and planning. Plans organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication including e-mail
- Flexibility / adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work independently
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above in an associated industry
- Experience working with hand tools (e.g., hammer, screwdriver) and power tools (e.g., drills)
- Demonstrate knowledge of termination standards
- Demonstrate knowledge in device mounting
- Demonstrate knowledge in tool usage and safety
- Demonstrate ability to read schematics and drawing sets
- Understanding of electronics and the ability to read drawings and schematics
- PC literacy in a Windows environment, MAC helpful
- Familiarity of industry practices
- Ability to learn web based software and mobile applications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- College degree or certification in technology
- AVIXA Technologist Certificate
- Extron AV Associates & Control Specialists Certificates
- Crestron Toolbox Online Training
- OSHA 30
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Maintain regular and punctual daily attendance in the office or in the filed as applicable.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Work overtime as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
Presentation Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please visit our web site to find out more at www.presentationproducts.com/careers
Apply by sending a resume and salary requirements to the address above. We look forward to hearing from you!
Presentation Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer